Monday 22 December 2014

Blogmas day 22 : Favourite Christmas films

As if we are on day 22 of Blogmas...it has just flown by.  We have only 2 days left and boy have a I got a good post waiting for day 24...you will have to stay tuned for that one.

Today I thought I would share my favourite Christmas films.  I am not one for Christmas films but there are four that I watch every year...two that I only watch at this time of year and two that I watch all year round but they tend to show it at Christmas.




My first film is The Muppet's Christmas Carol.  Now I don't care for the original version or any other version apart from The Muppet's.,,I don't even care for The Muppet's so for me to love this film beats me!  I have always liked this version.  I don't know why...I just do.  For as long as I can remember I always love watching this around this time of year.  I tend to watch it in the run up to Christmas and I was having a conversation about this film and another film, that I will talk about in a moment, with a friend and she said that the two films in question should be watched on Christmas eve...I differ on this debate as I feel that they are films to get you in the Christmas spirit and should be viewed from the 1st December.  This film is one that I love to watch with a nice warm drink and some snacks and I am in Christmas heaven.

The second film I like to watch at Christmas is Miracle on 34th Street.  I prefer the version with Mara Wilson as I think she was one of the best child actors when I was growing up (why she quit acting I will never know.)  I love the storyline and the scenery and how it shows that people can be swayed when it comes to believing in the unknown.  I know that there are many people out there who believe in Father Christmas and my other half likes to try and persuade me that he is real but I not one to be swayed but I still watch this and am amazed at however many times I watch it, I am still shocked at the outcome.

I was over the moon to get both of the above films on DVD.

Home Alone is another film I like to watch at this time of year but I have been known to watch them at any other time of the year.  I like films one and two and I don't care for the other two.  My favourite of the two I do like is Home Alone 2.  I like the way that it is set in New York and even though I have never been to New York (though it is a place I would like to go)  I still get a bit sad when I see the twin towers standing in the skyline.  I also like the way that a small boy can get into so much trouble and yet his parents are just too relieved to get him back.

My last film I like to watch at Christmas is The Wizard of Oz.  Yes I know it is not really a Christmas film but it tends to be shown at this time of year and I love watching it.  Knowing that this film is on the TV makes me think that Christmas is right around the corner and that I can get in the festive mood.  I have been known to watch this all year round but it is only when shown around Christmastime, that I get all festive and merry.

So that is my four Christmas films that get me in the festive spirit.  What films do you like to watch around this time of year?

Bye for now,

Jess. X
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogs and Pearls. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig