Tuesday 13 January 2015

Birchbox January 2015 - Woman's Health Edition

Back in December on day 2 of Blogmas, I reviewed November's Birchbox and I was very impressed with the concept and the items which were included in the box that I decided to get a years subscription.  You can find my post of that box here where I will explain about the concept of the box and you can also see my view on the product (some of which could be reviewed now I have used them a bit more!)

I received my box in good time as I wasn't expecting it to land in my mail room at Uni until later this week...so far so good Birchbox!  I rushed back to my dorm room and opened it instantly and was very happy with the design of the box!  It is white and purple with the white part showing pretty patterns of sports and exercise equipment.  This months box has teamed up with Women's Health and is designed with health and fitness after the Christmas break to become healthier, all of which I am pleased about as I am starting the gym come Monday!

 Look at all the pretty stuff I got!  Out of all the items I received, I think I wont use 2 maybe 3 out of the 7 products and all will be revealed why further in the blogpost!









The first item is this sachet of Embrace Matcha Loose Green Tea.
What Birchbox says: 'Our new favourite superfood, Matcha is 100% natural with 10 times the antioxidants of regular green tea.'  I have only just got into drinking herbal tea and green tea is one tea that I haven't tried yet and one where I don't think I will try any time soon.  This sample may just go into my samples box and I may try it out, I may not do.
Price full size: £24.99
The next item is the only full sized item in the entire box and that is Stila's Lip Glaze in 'Gleam'
What Birchbox say: 'A coverted, suits-all-complexions colour - this sheer lip gloss is a cult classic for a reason!' 
I have never tried any products from Stila as I think they are a little over priced but my opinion may change after using this.
Price full size: £15




This product, I am sure a few people got back in November and this was the product I wanted but never got and I was very happy when I saw it in this months box.  This is Beauty Protector's Protect & Detangle Spray.
What Birchbox say: 'This sweet-smelling spray detangles, adds shine and protects from both UVA rays and heat damage.'
I loved the hair mask that I received back in November and am excited to try this out next time I wash my hair (which will be very soon!)
Price full size: £14

activbod is a brand I have never heard of and one that may get a bit of usage once I start the gym.  This is activbod's Feel Great Shower Concentrate.
What Birchbox say: 'Refreshing sea-minerals and green tea mingle with soothing almond oil for and energising post-workout shower.'
Like I said above, I have never heard of this product but that's what this box is for right?  I may just have to try this out after my first post-gym shower on Monday and do a review/first impressions as I can only see this sample as a one use only product.
Price full size: £5


This is another product that I was excited to see this month.  Lately, I have been on a skincare kick and have been trying to stick to a skincare routine (I will be posting my routine soon!) This cute little sample is REN's Glycolactic Radience Renewal Mask.
What Birchbox say: 'Radience in a tube!  A fast-working, exfoliating treatment that improves texture, tone and combats congestion.'
I have been back to Uni for a week now and my skin has just freaked out and like I said above, I have had to create a skincare routine to try and combat my freaked out skin so anything skincare related is good enough for me!
Price full size: £30

This is another product that might get stashed away in my samples box as I don't think I have any need for it.  This is Shaveworks 'The Cool Fix'
What Birchbox say: 'This genius cooling gel lotion treats ingrown hairs, razor bumps and redness after hair removal'
I never suffer with any other aforementioned hair removal conditions so this may not get used!
Price full size: £11


The lifestyle choice this month revolves around fitness and what this months box is about.  This is Birchbox's Pilates Band.
What Birchbox says: 'Tone, increase strength and improve muscle endurance with this stretchy resistance band.'
This is another product which may not get used but will have to see once I start going to the gym.  I may be able to incoporate it somewhere into my routine.
Price full size: £7.99

There are the usual cards with what they products are and how much the product is full size and a booklet of 12 mini challenges but I never read the cards unless there is something that is interesting on them :)

Overall this box has a pretty good selection of products which I will use.  I am pretty impressed with the fact of having a full sized product priced over the amount paid for the box has made it worth the £12.95 (with p &p) and there are a good number of products which I will used and enjoy happily this month and am looking forward to next months box.

Have you received a Birchbox this month and what do you think of your box this month?  How does yours differ to mine?

Bye for now.

Jess. X




SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Mines was a little different than yours this month. I loved the REN mask but wasn't keen on the Shaveworks gel I got last month, I've got quite sensitive skin and I found it stung a bit :(

    Roxie ♥
    http://thebeautifulbluebird.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to try the REN mask. I don't think I'll use the shaveworks gel at all. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited to try some of them. It is such a great way to try new products. x

    ReplyDelete

© Blogs and Pearls. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig