Sunday 6 December 2015

Blogmas - Day Five: My new personal planner

Hi guys.

I am all about being organised because of Uni and work and I decided a few years ago that I would try using a planner.  I have tried the bog standard basic diary's you can buy from places like ASDA and W H Smith's but they didn't seem to work for me.  I was watching Mikhila from Miss Budget Beauty and Diary of a Shopaholic (YouTube channels linked here and here) one day and she uploaded a video about this planner called a Filofax.  She also mentioned that there was this whole community dedicated to planners and Filofax's and I went on the hunt to binge watch a ton of videos.  
I soon found my perfect Filofax in April of this year and set to work setting it up to fit my needs and I got hooked!  I have since then seen another video where she mentioned she had a new planner and I had to see what it was.  It turned out to be a personal planner from the personal-planner company (link can be found here).  I have heard of this company before and wanted to purchase one but needs and finances meant that I couldn't purchase one.

Because the personal planner wasn't for me at that time, I set out to find my perfect Filofax and two Filofax's, three years and tons of YouTube videos later I had found my perfect Filofax, the Raspberry Finsbury.  I decorated it and put in tabs that I needed to organise my life and I was done.  

It was only when I got back to uni when I realised that my Filofax wasn't working as good as I hoped so that is when I went in search of the personal planner.  I had started to watch a lot of Erin Condren planner videos and that to me made me see that that planner is the one for me but being in the UK, Erin Condren planners aren't readily available so I decided to purchase the personal planner.  

With the personal planner you can customise it to your needs and wants.  Below I will show you pictures of how I have customised to fit my needs and explain what can be customised.


With the personal planner you can customise the front cover and choose what colour band and ruler you want.  You can also choose what to write on the front as well.

I just chose to have my name and this inspirational quote on the front that personal planner supplied for me.  The quote says 'Always remember your focus determines your reality'  I chose this as I thought it was fitting with what I was going to use this planner for and I liked the fonts and colour of the cover which choose the theme throughout the planner too. 


Inside the cover on the first page is a section where you can customise it to say what you need it to say.

I decided to put another quote which says ' If everyone is moving forward together, success takes care of itself.'   I thought this quote again was fitting as I see this quote more of an organisational quote to keep me organised.  I also have put my blog details such as my email address, blog web address etc just because I am using this a blog planner and I didn't want to put my address because I will be moving again next July and I didn't want a bit cross or scribble to make it look untidy.


You can also decide to whether you want a monthly spread at the start of every month.  I chose to have this as I can plan things that I know are definitely happening such as pay days and work hours.  You can choose not to have this and I love that the option is there.


After the monthly spread comes the weekly sheets and this is also customisable.  I chose my layout to be vertical as I mentioned above, my all time perfect planner is the Erin Condren planner and one day I will purchase one but for now this will do.  I have decided to show a blank page as I have yet to organise the space as efficiently as I would like because I would like to get stickers to make use of the space properly.   You can also choose when you want your planner to start.  I chose to start mine in November as I needed to use the planner now and not have to wait till January to use it.



At the bottom of the weekly layout there is space to customise and within this, you can chose whether you was lists, to-do's, lined space etc.  I chose  to have list, to-do and lined space so that I can write notes that may not go into a day column.  I like this feature because I don't have to use sticky notes as much and this will make the pages look neater.

The back pages can be customised as well.  I chose to have just lined paper at the back as that is what I thought I would use the most.  You also get a plastic top-loading wallet to put spare paper or stickers in.  (I do have a photo of this but I cannot for the life find it on my files.)

The personal planner A5 size cost me about £22 but the price can vary with accessories and size.  I really do recommend you check them out.

So that is it.  My personal planner.  I will do an update on this once I have got it set up in the way I truly want it to be.

What planners are you using this year?  Can anyone recommend some good planner sticker companies that will ship to the UK?  Have you tired this planner before?

Bye for now.

Jess.  X
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogs and Pearls. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig